Repainting the decoys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repainting the decoys

Since I'm not working this weekend and some of my dekes are close to 15 years old I figured a paint job was in order. I got a dozen pintail drakes that are my big spread enhancers getting redone so they're brighter and have more contrast.

I took a piece of 1/4" plywood and made 12 notches that fit the decoys. Then after washing them and setting them up the primer coat
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354390438.898998.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	24937726

I'm using truck bed liner since its a tough finish and sticks to plastic well. I was able to get 7 decoys out of a can

Had to move it inside, but I'm liking what I see

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354420272.339484.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24145937

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

they are looking new again

Comment

Did you spray or brush them. If you sprayed howd it flow through your gun? Any problems? Those look great by the way.

Comment

The base coat is bed liner in a can, then all the colors have been brushed or with a paint pen. I'm going to need a black paint pen or a sharpie for wing details after I paint the grey on.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354492410.825468.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	24146091

Comment

Those look great

Comment

Wow. Awesome work. Mine are only 5 years old but it's getting to be re-painting time!!

Comment

Yea I'm probably going to touch up the bills on the hens and get dozen each of redheads and bluebills. I need more contrast for the coast.

Comment

Looks good way better than my temp rattle can job at the end of last season.

Comment

nice

Comment

I did this last year with 4 dzn mallards and turned them into Redheads. I like the attention to detail you have. They look good!

Comment

Wow! that´s a nice job brother, they look VERY GOOD so far... I can´wait to see them finished with all details using sharpies

Comment

Nice!
                            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by PROUDREDNECK View Post
                              Wow! that´s a nice job brother, they look VERY GOOD so far... I can´wait to see them finished with all details using sharpies
                              I know, that's going to be a sum pooch stenciling that in

Comment

Working...
                              X