4x6 box blind build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
    I would recommend using some kind of sealer as a base coat for the exterior of the blind since you are using OSB. My buddy used a product (can't remember the name) that helped with the longevity of the blind. Just a thought
    I was just going to give it two coats of exterior paint. Somethin else out there I should use that's be better?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
      I was just going to give it two coats of exterior paint. Somethin else out there I should use that's be better?
      I built one last year and I used an oil based enamel paint someone told me it would last alot longer in the weather seems to have held up pretty good over the summer.Looks like your coming right along with build

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Looking good, I build at least on every year as a spring project for either me or a friend, so far no 2 have been the same

Comment

Looks good can't wait to see the finished product...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
              I have always had good luck using kilz for the base coat....seems to really help..

Comment

Originally posted by tod View Post
                I have always had good luck using kilz for the base coat....seems to really help..
                Didn't think about that because its OSB. Not a bad idea probably.

Comment

Got the windows and door cut out and prepped. Also got the metal trim put on the corners that I'm hoping will prolong the life of the plywood. I've been working a lot so haven't had much time to work on it but I'm getting there. Still need to paint, hinge the door and windows, shelf and put the metal roof on.

Comment

Got the interior and paint done today. Not my best camo work but it'll work. Going to make the base and ladder and hopefully have it up in the woods tomorrow!

Comment

did i miss the picture of the roof? looks good by the way!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Looks good...

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                            did i miss the picture of the roof? looks good by the way!
                            Haven't put the roof in yet. Don't want to bend it up where it over hangs when I lay the blind over on the trailer to put the base on. Metal roof will be the last thing I do before I stand it up.

Thanks fellas

Comment

Finally got er finished and up! Three more to go...

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Working...
                                X