New stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New stand

Finished painting it yesterday and will get more pictures next week once we get it setup on our place. We are thinking of building these to sell. What do you guys think?
    Specs
    6'L X 4'W X 6'T
    to the bottom of the floor is about 6 1/2'
    all welded steel angle
    7/16" OSB walls and floor
    1/8" aluminum plate for windows
    full size door 30"W X 6'T
    R-Panel roof
    Painted flat black inside and outside
    Built to last a lifetime and then some
    Attached Files

Looks amazing!!....how much you going to sell them for??

Comment

Haven't figured it up yet probably $1200-$1500 after all said and done. What would you guys and galls pay for it? When we are ready to build and sell I will post in the classifieds this is just for show right now... unless someone is interested in one, pm me.
      Last edited by UncleBubba; 10-26-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

This is why we paint flat black inside and out, looks pretty much the same with windows closed or open...
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice. I'll bet your price is accurate

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

How do you open the windows? Are they hinged/mounted on the inside, then just flip up and lock?

Comment

Jackh I just sent you a PM.

There are windows on the exterior, 1/8" aluminum plate, that flip outward. Held up by 1/8" Stainless rod bent to whatever length you prefer.

We decided to also put 1/4" Plexi Glass windows on the interior that flip inward so you can keep them down to protect from the elements while hunting, mainly that coooold North wind. They are super quiet and easy to open when big boy steps out.

When your ready to go, close all the windows to seal it up tight.

I forgot to add, there is a 6" wide shelf that runs the full length of the stand at the bottom edge of the front window. It has 2 small "V" shaped cutouts to rest your gun in because I hate when my gun falls in the stand.

Thanks for the comments guys.
                Last edited by UncleBubba; 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

How well do the legs work for you without braces? What gauge metal do you use for your legs?

Comment

When I see all these stands and their prices it makes me glad to live in a place with trees! I will admit though that I want to build one anyways. Just nice to have options

Comment

nice job

Comment

forgot to say nice stand

Comment

Looks great. I think you will need some xbraces on legs to help eliminate sway

Comment

9toes - replied to your email, we have never used braces on our stand legs these are as sturdy as you can get. Maybe if it stood 10-14' off the ground braces would be in order. The tubing for the legs is 1/8" wall.

Carny - Ya man I know what you mean, I prefer a tree myself, but not all places have that luxury. Plus naps are much nicer without the wind and worry falling

Comment

Originally posted by PROLINE19 View Post
                              Looks great. I think you will need some xbraces on legs to help eliminate sway
                              Thanks, there is no sway whatsoever... the legs are cut at a 23 degree angle for a larger footprint and we anchor down in the center, so no guide wires. We really thought a lot about how we were going to build/anchor this stand. We built one 10+ years ago that is 12' to the floor and has less angle on the legs using guide wires, even though it hunts well it sways pretty bad in 20 mph wind. So with the larger footprint and by anchoring down in the center this new stand is rock solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X