fence panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fence panels

My back yard is at a pretty good slope, and the back fence panels are leaning. they are all built with metal poles, but they have started to lean. what would be the best way to fix this? It looks like maybe earth is pushing them, but not really sure if they actually used cement for the poles. Do i just take the panels off and pull the pipes and cement new ones, or if no cement just cement them in? what else should i do? Thanks in advance.

I would first check if there is any cement. If there is, you can take a sharpshooter and dig on the side that you want the poles to lean toward. Then take a 1-2 foot treated 4x4 post and drive it in on the opposite side to force it straight. Leave the post in the hole; its called a key. Then backfill the hole and tamp the dirt with whatever you have. You may have to use a brace at the posts temporarily.

If there is no cement I would dig it out like the same and brace the posts. Then I would pour the cement and after a few days remove the braces.

Comment

What he ^ said.

Comment

Even if there is cement, you can dig it out and back fill with additional cement. I have used the maximizer cement for this and it worked great. A lot of the time the fence builders will skimp on cement and not put enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Slinger View Post
          Even if there is cement, you can dig it out and back fill with additional cement. I have used the maximizer cement for this and it worked great. A lot of the time the fence builders will skimp on cement and not put enough.

We've done a couple of repairs doing this.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check for cement tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X