Water tank build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water tank build

Working a water tank blind and looking for ideas on what I can use for a drip guard over windows and door to keep the rain out. Round shape presents a challenge. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347378605.980488.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	24920705Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347378675.201517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	24920706
    Attached Files

Try some of the flexible trim...looks like wood, but kind of rubbery....home depot

Comment

Could you use a lot of expanding caulk and just make a thick line above the window? maybe make a few layers of it To make it thick and stick out.

Im sure somebody else has a better idea

Comment

You can get vinyl drip edge that will flex enough for the round form. Silicone it up and your GTG

Comment

I think if you heat up aluminum angle, it will anneal it...makes it so you can bend it.....lots of info on that in tear drop trailer builds

Comment

Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

That's cool where can I get a tank like that ? How big is it & how much ?

Comment

Originally posted by Marky mark View Post
                That's cool where can I get a tank like that ? How big is it & how much ?
                Bought it from a pump and supply house. It was damage/overstock or something. Paid $200. 1500 gallon. You might check any companies that cater to water well business.

Comment

Thoughts on doing something like this? Can substitute something else besides plywood but you get the idea. This way, you are not battling the shape of the tank.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailslayer View Post
                    Thoughts on doing something like this? Can substitute something else besides plywood but you get the idea. This way, you are not battling the shape of the tank.
                    Interesting. I would not have thought of that. Might be able to do same with sheet metal. Thanks.

Comment

What about a thin piece of flashing?, it should be flexible enough and thats what they make if for. Paint it with some primer to keep it from being too reflective.

That blind is gonna be HOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by park5115 View Post
                        What about a thin piece of flashing?, it should be flexible enough and thats what they make if for. Paint it with some primer to keep it from being too reflective.

That blind is gonna be HOT!!!
                        Yep. Hot. Maybe I need to add radiant barrier??

Comment

use that plastic landscape edging

Comment

looking good

Comment

Originally posted by Big Spec View Post
                              looking good
                              Thanks Kevin. Just taking forever. Trying to find the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X