No announcement yet.

Made a portable feeder for bow hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have to worry about hogs because we don't have any but I know the coons will get to it. It's just gravity fed. I've got nice timer feeders that I'll put out right before deer season. This will be used mainly during bow season and to get some close up pics of some deer. I can't put the big feeders out yet because the cattle will have a hay day with them! Hopefully they won't wonder down into the draw that I'm putting it at. Last year I found some big rubs on some trees down in this draw that is heavily traveled and that's where I want to put my tree blind at. It'll be my first time to use a tree blind so hopefully it pans out the way I have planned. If it doesn't work as I had planned, oh well, I've spent more money on crappy things....

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
      Work 'til the 'coons and tree rats locate it--then it's empty. And, a big old smelly boar would rip it off the tree-
      My big old smelly boar eats out of mine. Loo. I have the spout at 36 inches and stands on his back legs and eats away

Comment

Cool idea..

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
          My big old smelly boar eats out of mine. Loo. I have the spout at 36 inches and stands on his back legs and eats away
          That's pretty impressive! Do you have a pic of him doing that?

Comment

I would like to try this. I have a big oak tree at home and I could gather up acorns and fill it too

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
              I would like to try this. I have a big oak tree at home and I could gather up acorns and fill it too
              I bet they would go crazy over those acorns!

Comment

Thanks I needed something o do tomorrow.

Comment

Very cool! Good job on it

Called Redneck feeder. Check out YT on it. Bunch of different ways to do this.

I made three of them. My supposedly friend, his parents own small ranc in North Texas. He said I could put out there on their place. So I did. A week later, Texts went unanswered. Never heard back from him. My tc and three redneck feeder were there. I lost it all there. What a tool!

That was Three years ago, when i first started out hunting into my first few months. Learned my lesson. Lol

Comment

Very nifty

Comment

Cool cool cool. Thank you for the idea man.

Comment

very innovative!

Comment

more stuff to build............................

Comment

Nice, looks like it would be a great little feeder, might have to try it myself

Comment

Looks good I did a couple like a hog log, but I may try this sometime.
                              My deer/hog logs
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Nov 5 2011 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	24106096

Comment

Cool idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X