Coon-Proof Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
    That spinner plate is all it takes. No more coons. Nice set.
    X2 on that.

Comment

sorry but the coons are gonna have a field day with that. maybe not the spinner but say good buy to your solar panel and cable lol. Ask me how I know?

Comment

just noticed the date on this original thread lol... if the OP is around it'd be nice to hear how it faired with the coons ha

Comment

I see that this is an older thread, but if you really want it coon proof you add a 1'' x 1'' varmint cage around the full diameter of the barrel. W/O the cage they will hang on those eliminator plates, solar panels, and cables and break them.

Comment

i just notice I wrote buy instead of bye lmbo

Comment

I built just about the same setup a few times.

Squirrels will shimmy down the barrel and then hang on your solar panel cable

I know your using the eliminator but they will still attempt to mess with controls.

Also I hung 4 inch pvc pipe on the legs using L brackets, I positioned them 1 foot under the Box and about 4 foot long. I spray silicone one pvc when I fill the feeders.

Great build, my squirrels have been my worst enemy. No problem with coons in a couple of years.

Comment

My Young county coons would have that figured out in couple days. or just get mad and pull the wires out of the solar panel,

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                  I built just about the same setup a few times.

Squirrels will shimmy down the barrel and then hang on your solar panel cable

I know your using the eliminator but they will still attempt to mess with controls.

Also I hung 4 inch pvc pipe on the legs using L brackets, I positioned them 1 foot under the Box and about 4 foot long. I spray silicone one pvc when I fill the feeders.

Great build, my squirrels have been my worst enemy. No problem with coons in a couple of years.
                  s

I use 40" lengths of 4" PVC (10' joint cut into three pieces) Suspended with about a foot of small chain on each leg. Running 11 feeders now with no squirrels or coons on the cages. Cages eliminate bird and Cow problems.

Comment

that's a solid rig! good job, way to think outside the box

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

slick setup

Comment

Working...
                        X