Running pig 3d target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running pig 3d target

Hi, with waterfowl season ending in 2 days, and predicting a severe case of the medical condition waterfowlus interuptus coming on, I'm building a pile of projects to keep me busy weekends for February and March.

I submitted a proposal and plan for approval by my archery club for a running pig target. We have a good location, and hay bales already in place for part of the backdrop since we usually put 3d target #1 in front.

With the knowledge here, before I get started digging, cutting, bending and welding has anybody done this before?

What's the best way to get 'sharp' 90 degree bends in rebar for the frame that will hold the MacKensie 3d pig- heat with a welding torch and bend?

We have one set up at work. We have a deer and hog that we can use on it. Not perfect but it will gets the targets moving. Someday I will video it and put it on here.

Comment

What are the targets "hung" onto to move?

Comment

What's the best way to get 'sharp' 90 degree bends in rebar for the frame that will hold the MacKensie 3d pig- heat with a welding torch and bend?
        Thats how I do it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	120306 006 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	23825257

Comment

This is my moving 3D Javy / decoy

Comment

I have done alot of metal work and if you want to bend the rebar precisely, you are right. I would heat at the area in which you are trying to bend and strike with hammer or put it in a vise and bend to desired angle.

Comment

Mount it on a remote control car?

Comment

In my experience with rebar nothing works every time but when I was trying to build some brackets with rebar the required a sharp bend I learned that cutting then and rewelding them is almost the best way but at a 90 you can actually do a relieve cut about half way through the rebar with a hand grander. Heat it then with your torch and keep the heat on it as you slowly bend the rebar. It helps a lot if you have 4 hands while you do it.
                Some thing else I learned is a good snug fitting piece of everyday schedule forty gas pipe is nice to have when bending, so you can slide it down over the rebar when it his hot and us it as a breaking point.

Comment

Working...
                X