Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Redneck A/C Cletus style REVISTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a lot of thought, I've decided I want to try a trans cooler to get better air flow. I'm also going to figure out a different pump system. I think a bilge pump creates too much heat killing the cooling effect of the ice water. Stay tuned for some trial and error

Comment

Hey Cletus , what if you mounted the heater core on top of the lid and had some kind of drip pan to catch condensation and mount the fan directly to the core, or box it in and cut a hole in the back to mount the fan like you did on the lid.

Comment

Cletus, quick question. On your first build, you put a partition between the frozen jug and "exhaust side" (the best way i could think of it). did the partition go all the way to the bottom of the cooler? or did you leave a small open section at the bottom? i just dont see how the cold air got from one side to the other. is the styrofoam just that porous?

Comment

How about this
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            Cletus, quick question. On your first build, you put a partition between the frozen jug and "exhaust side" (the best way i could think of it). did the partition go all the way to the bottom of the cooler? or did you leave a small open section at the bottom? i just dont see how the cold air got from one side to the other. is the styrofoam just that porous?
            I had to take the partition out to fit 2 gallon jugs. 1 jug didn't have enough cooling effect to it. But there was about a 1" gap at the bottom for the air to move under.

Comment

A fan will pull air through better than pushing air through. Just food for thought

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                I had to take the partition out to fit 2 gallon jugs. 1 jug didn't have enough cooling effect to it. But there was about a 1" gap at the bottom for the air to move under.
                smaller bottles will give you more surface area for air to move around and through

Comment

Mosey i like the way your thinking. It will work.

Comment

since yetis make ice you might use one of those for the box....

hope you figure it out..i want to copy...

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                      since yetis make ice you might use one of those for the box....

hope you figure it out..i want to copy...
                      I'll see if I can get yeti to donate a couple of coolers for prototypes

Comment

Good job sir, keep it up!

Comment

That's pretty darn nifty. Is this for something along the lines of cooling off a camper or blind?

Comment

This is great...I have to build me one of these! I'm thinking it would come in handy for sittin' in the shade dove hunting too.

Comment

Originally posted by mosey381 View Post
                              How about this
                              What about condensation with that set up. Seems like the core would sweat and then fan would be spitting water all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                                What about condensation with that set up. Seems like the core would sweat and then fan would be spitting water all over the place.
                                the core is inside the cooler, the air blows in, there fore the drip is in the cooler with the circulation water.

Comment

Working...
                                X