Euro Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Mount

I know there was a thread somewhere here that asked about euro mounts and how they are done. I am starting one on a boar I killed this past weekend and thought I would share some pics as I go along.

This first pic is just before I started
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pig3.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	24723349

Next I skinned the head and removed some of the muscle
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pig5.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	24723350

Right now the head is boiling and I have removed more of the meat. I will post up some more pics as I continue the process.

Here is the skull after I finished boiling it and removing all of the tissue, mussle, and cartilage. I added borax to the water to try and eliminate some of the fat from the skull.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks Good

I was just thinking about posting a thread on my sons deer head I have been working on. Got the wood to attach it too, and I am almost finished getting the last dried cartilage off. I'll have to get some pics uploaded,

That ole Boars gonna look good when it's done.

Comment

looks good now coat it with blonde hair dye and let sit over night and rinse off and you will be pleased i promise

Comment

I will be putting on some 40% peroxide cream tonight. Will rinse it off tomorrow afternoon it should be nice and white by then.

Comment

I soak mine in Coleman Lanter Fuel for a couple of days to draw the grease out of it. Then in the peroxide. Just a tip.

Comment

about how long did you have to boil it?

Comment

Looks good so far.

Comment

It actually took several hours to boil, quite a bit longer than a typical deer skull. If I had to guess I would say it was boiled for at least 4-5 hours. It does still seem to have grease on the skull even though it is clean. I think I will try the advice mentioned before and place it in Coleman fuel. I've never done a hog skull before so this is new to me. Is there anything I should know about using Coleman fuel to dry the skull out a little??

Comment

i dont boil mine. i let it sit in a bucket of water for a few months and the meat falls off.

boiling stinks and you have to scrap dried meat off

Comment

I was told to use Rid-X for septic systems versus boiling....anybody heard the same?

Comment

dont no why it would hurt rid-x promotes enzymes that eat the STUFF you flush

Comment

My buddy has a deer head that has been hanging in a tree for a couple of months... Any suggestions on how to get all the junk off of his skull? He was just talking to me about it the other day.

Comment

ugh, for a couple of months? I dont know how I would even begin. I suppose that he could boil it, but it might get a bit nasty. Since it has been out for some time already I wouldn't think he would be in any hurry. I would try putting the head in a bucket of water and letting it sit. Change the water every week and be prepared for some STANK. I think adding the Rid-X to the water might help quite a bit to speed things up. After all of the tissue has fallen off I would put 40% peroxide on the skull, get the strongest stuff you can from a beauty salon. I use creme peroxide and let it sit for about 24 hours before I rinse it off.
                            Attached Files

Comment

stxhunter why would you want to change the water. the nasty water has the stuff you want in it to eat the flesh from the bone.

Comment

Working...
                              X