Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work, you definitely have skills

Comment

Cool build. Like the staged improvements, too.

Comment

Barn Build.....here we go again.

We were able to put some more work time into the barn this past week. I'm done with the main wall and started working on the kitchen area. I'm hoping to get it ready for a family Christmas Eve gathering.

Comment

Looking good.

Comment

really cool deal

Comment

Absolutely Awesome. Keep up the progress!!

Comment

We're working on a kitchen area now that we can use out there. It will be much nicer being able to work out there and keep the mess out of the house at times. The stalls are all set up with removable panels so we can paddock off animals as we need to as well.

Comment

Great thread

Comment

Such a cool barn. Looks great!!

Comment

Turning out great! Really like the woodburning stove setup!

Comment

Awesome barn, really cool watching the progress. How did you secure the corrugated tin to the wall? I have a 30 x 50 metal buding that I want to have a more rustic look on the interior and like what you did.

Great work and very impressive story of building your own farm from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          Awesome barn, really cool watching the progress. How did you secure the corrugated tin to the wall? I have a 30 x 50 metal buding that I want to have a more rustic look on the interior and like what you did.

Great work and very impressive story of building your own farm from scratch.
                          Thank you very much.

I used 1 5/8" wood screws to secure it to the horizontal wood studs. I bet you could use lap screws to secure the old tin to your purlin on a metal building. I'll post more pics of the kitchen as I get more done. I did a little work on it today.

Comment

Kitchen area is coming together. We should be ready to go for our family Christmas Eve Dinner. The triple sink is plumbed, hot water heater in, countertop done. The island table is getting a facelift before going in. Just a side note but a majority of the materials that were using are repurposed. Plumbing parts and electrical I had to buy new to get exactly what I needed.
                            The shelving units were built with lumber that was crates for shipping copper pipe, the bar top is the same lumber. The bar wall is framed from pallet wood and covered in sheet metal from a barn that was disassembled nearby. The wood stove belonged to my wife's great grandmother.

Comment

This barn has always been a project near our hearts. We continue to evolve and adapt as our needs have changed over the years.
                              We decided its needed some doors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by animalhse View Post
                                This barn has always been a project near our hearts. We continue to evolve and adapt as our needs have changed over the years.
                                We decided its needed some doors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think I ever saw this thread originally. Beautiful work!

Comment

Working...
                                X