Question about a tailgate feeder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a tailgate feeder...

I have a 12volt everlast feeder on the front of my four wheeler, it has the cig adapter on it. What is the best permanent way to wire it up being that it is on my wheeler? Thanks, Brice

I did something similar to what you're talking about before and I wired it straight to the battery and had a toggle switch on the handle bar, I wanted to be able to plug and unplug it so I could take it off of the 4 wheeler so from the switch I ran the wire to a 12V trolling motor plug that I bought at Academy. The male end of the plug was wired up to the motor on the feeder and the female end was on the 4 wheeler.

Comment

I was told the battery on the wheeler is 6v. Is that true?

Comment

From everything I can find on a quick search they are 12v. I guess Ill have to just lift the seat and see for myself.

Comment

ATV battery is 12 volt, just install an inline fuse right off the battery on the hot side.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Definitely 12V on your 4 wheeler, most all tailgate feeders should be 12V as well, especially if the feeder motor looks like the larger size then it should be a 12V motor.

Comment

If you want to wire it to the battery and still be able to disconect it, just go get you one of these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	152942.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	24063668

One end goes on the feeder the other end hangs from the rear of the ATV.

Home-depot has them.

Comment

Working...
                X