Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting Tie downs in the bed of My truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting Tie downs in the bed of My truck?

Where can I get and how can I install some tie downs in the bed of my 93 model truck?

Home Depot, by the rope, #8 self taping screws.

Comment

Harbor Freight carries some tie downs, or Lowes, Home Depot, or a truck accessory place. You can use screws but I would suggest more than a #8 incase you will ever tie down anything with some size to it. Probably go with a #14 (1/4" diameter) screw, and if you get a self drilling (Tek) screw it will drill through metal. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
        Where can I get and how can I install some tie downs in the bed of my 93 model truck?
        What kind of tie-down are you wanting? I have used like in the pic, bolted to the outer edge of truck bed floor. I used flat bar drilled to match and "sandwinched" the bed between, used nylock nuts so I did not have to worry about anything vibrating loose over time. They will rattle some, so I cut some small fuel line about 1/2-" orso long, split length wise and slipped over d-ring on each side
        Attached Files

Comment

This

America's best-selling truck bed tie downs. Easily installed inside the stake pockets of Chevy, GMC, Ford, Dodge, and Toyota trucks. Call Now 888-879-2855!

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
            What kind of tie-down are you wanting? I have used like in the pic, bolted to the outer edge of truck bed floor. I used flat bar drilled to match and "sandwinched" the bed between, used nylock nuts so I did not have to worry about anything vibrating loose over time. They will rattle some, so I cut some small fuel line about 1/2-" orso long, split length wise and slipped over d-ring on each side
            I used the exact same ones in my F350, but with fender washers instead of the second piece of steel. I put mine right where the bed starts to curve upward, outside the "flat" part of the bed. Two in front of the wheel well and two behind. They work great.

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I went to Tractor supply and picked up 4 for my 93 truck. Already installed.
              Now I've got to build a shooting frame to go in the back that will double as a Kayak rack to hall my Yak.

Comment

I used the D rings from HF and welded them to 1/4" plate then mounted them to the truck bed using the bed bolts.

Comment

No pics it did not happen..... so post up

Comment

Working...
                  X