Spare 2"X12"s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare 2"X12"s

I have a few spare 12 foot 2"X12"s and 2"X10"s left over from my shop being built. I've been looking around for an excuse to build something out of them. I'm asking for ideas from you guys. I honestly don't need anything, but I'm tired of them taking up room in my shop. So I either need to sale them or build something. This is what I've found on the internet that I might consider building. I have enough lumber to built about 4 of these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FRLEMY1GF80E0F6.SMALL[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	24892308

Name:	FW2FEBXGF80E0F5.SMALL[1].jpg
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	24892309

Looks easy and useful

Comment

I like that bench a lot. It looks very comfortable.

Comment

looks perfect, just need to add a little more caboose room...and looking at it, it looks like it might be a bit top heavy for that small base footprint

what would be cool would be to figure out how to double up on the butt space, have it hinge with a lock, hinge it where the seat would hinge down some and lock into another half just like it to make a picnic table....

sorry, had a red bull this morning

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
          I have a few spare 12 foot 2"X12"s and 2"X10"s left over from my shop being built. I've been looking around for an excuse to build something out of them. I'm asking for ideas from you guys. I honestly don't need anything, but I'm tired of them taking up room in my shop. So I either need to sale them or build something. This is what I've found on the internet that I might consider building. I have enough lumber to built about 4 of these.

[ATTACH]321038[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]321039[/ATTACH]

Can you tell me what angles to use for the cuts? I am going to try a couple of those.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
            looks perfect, just need to add a little more caboose room...and looking at it, it looks like it might be a bit top heavy for that small base footprint

what would be cool would be to figure out how to double up on the butt space, have it hinge with a lock, hinge it where the seat would hinge down some and lock into another half just like it to make a picnic table....

sorry, had a red bull this morning
            I know exactly what you're talking about. We have two benches that fold up into a picnic table at our deer lease. And yeah, this was just an idea of benches made striclty from 2"X12"s and nothing else. I'm gonna adjust a few angles to get it as comfy as I can if I choose to build these. Any other ideas other than benches you guys can think of that I can do with these 2"X12"s?

Comment

Originally posted by HighCountry View Post
              Can you tell me what angles to use for the cuts? I am going to try a couple of those.
              Easy Beach or Garden Bench Out of Scrap Wood: I had a pile of salvaged 2x12 boards, 4" long. I drew a couple sketches & made some simple, but sturdy benches out of them. The seat and backrest could be made out of other sizes of lumber & you could change some of the other lengths too -- …

^^^^^ Here's the link^^^^^

Comment

waterbed frames...

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
                  Thanks for the info.

Comment

Picnic tables for camp??

Comment

Here is one at the Sherwood Forest Faire I went to today

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332012528.640778.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	24059681

There were quite a few. They work but not that comfy...better than standing

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                        Here is one at the Sherwood Forest Faire I went to today

[ATTACH]321417[/ATTACH]

There were quite a few. They work but not that comfy...better than standing
                        I see how the straight back and flat seat would be uncomfortable. If they were built with agles on the back and seat (to put you in a lounge back position) they would feel better on your back and butt. I'm gonna build mine tomorrow and post back with an update.

Comment

The design is very similar to a leupold bench.

Comment

Sweet looking bench.

Comment

Working...
                            X