No announcement yet.

restoring a recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, do you do this for a living? Very nice work.

Comment

Nice job!!! Looking good!

Comment

You should consider taking in work your good bro,

Comment

Matt, I MIGHT have sold that bow to you, heck I might have GIVEN it to you a year ago, but after what you've done....NO WAY I'M LETTING THAT THING GO! It was given to me by my brother, so there's so value there, then add to that the fact that a good friend refinished it and got it back to shooting shape for me.....I can't let it go. If I ever do change my mind, like for example, if I find that I can't shoot traditional to save my life, you'll be the first to know.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
            Matt, I MIGHT have sold that bow to you, heck I might have GIVEN it to you a year ago, but after what you've done....NO WAY I'M LETTING THAT THING GO! It was given to me by my brother, so there's so value there, then add to that the fact that a good friend refinished it and got it back to shooting shape for me.....I can't let it go. If I ever do change my mind, like for example, if I find that I can't shoot traditional to save my life, you'll be the first to know.

I don't think I could let something like that go either...
            Great job! In the refurb. Work on your boat too!

Comment

sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
                Wow, do you do this for a living? Very nice work.
                No, I don't do this for a living, just for fun. My experiance with refinishing comes from working on pianos. Dad is a piano tuner and I do that on the days I'm not working at the fire dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Restless View Post
                  You should consider taking in work your good bro,
                  I've thought about it??? Might work on a few for TBH'ers if anybody wanted me to???

Comment

Well, you saw the old Damon-Howatt Hi-Speed hanging in the garage when you came and got the boat--so maybe you've gotten me in the mind to do the same thing. It has a pretty good divot in the palm swell area from my wedding band. But, I think I could work that out pretty well.

Comment

Dustoffer I might be able to help you out. Let me do this one then I have three others(one for a hunting buddy up here and then my two) first. I'll keep you in mind. If your ever through Temple we'll get lunch!

Comment

Well--I did something that really surprised me this afternoon after I read through your thread again--I strung the recurve and went out and shot a few times. It is really strange after shooting a compound for 37 years to pick up a recurve.

The thing that impressed me the most was the ultra-light weight. Of course, shooting the carbons and aluminums spined for my 65-lb Hoyt aren't a good indicator of arrow flight either. But, it was a good trip down memory lane--killed my first buck with it, in Alabama--

And, next trip through Temple I'll give you a shout--

Comment

Incredible Job! It's looking Great.

Comment

Thanks to all thats been checking out this thread! I'll have a couple more pics tonight.

Comment

great job

Comment

Sorry, no pics tonight. I have some family(in laws) health things to deal with this week so I don't know when I'll get more pics? It might be tomm night?

Comment

Working...
                                X