No announcement yet.

85 gallon feeder build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might reconsider those leg brackets. Mine might be overkill, but I learned from Dmo when it comes to stoutness. I used 2.5 tubing to build mine. 1/4 thick that allows 2" tubing to slide in. Hogs don't stand a chance. The rest of it looks great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330532057.558925.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	24055420

Comment

The leg brackets are fine... You just need to reinforce with flat steel between the three brackets... Much like a barrel band. This makes it where they don't bend the barrel like Moser is talking about.

I will find a pic to post up of what i'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        The leg brackets are fine... You just need to reinforce with flat steel between the three brackets... Much like a barrel band. This makes it where they don't bend the barrel like Moser is talking about.

I will find a pic to post up of what i'm talking about.
        Heres what I was talking about... Found the pics...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
          Heres what I was talking about... Found the pics...
          Now that would work. I always make my leg supports so that they weld up to the rib and the bottom lip since they are the strongest parts of the barrell.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. These look pretty sturdy, but i will angle T-posts along each leg and drive them in a good ways.

I don't really have a welding kit, but these brackets look pretty solid

Comment

I built a feeder out of an old 24"x60" water well pressure tank this past summer. I used 2-7/8" OD pipe for the stub legs so 2-3/8" OD pipe would slide into them. It's hell for stout, but I got a thorough cussin' out by my buddy when it came time to move it in and then move it out again 6 months later. That joker is HEEEEAVY!

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                I built a feeder out of an old 24"x60" water well pressure tank this past summer. I used 2-7/8" OD pipe for the stub legs so 2-3/8" OD pipe would slide into them. It's hell for stout, but I got a thorough cussin' out by my buddy when it came time to move it in and then move it out again 6 months later. That joker is HEEEEAVY!
                the 85 gal barrells are some heavy suckers to begin with. I was looking at 110 gallon ones online. I can only imagine how much of a pain in the a## those would be.

I would buy one in a second if i could ever find one though

Comment

i have 2, they hold 550 lbs of corn, they are chemical recovery drums, not used, dont know how much they cost, BIL gave them to me, built my on leg brackets with plate inside and outside, had them about 8 years no wobble yet,YET

Comment

Like that paint job.

Comment

Hook'em

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                          X