No announcement yet.

Octagon stand with a twist..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much do you think you have invested in it total...out of curiosity. I might copy this....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk77 View Post
      how much do you think you have invested in it total...out of curiosity. I might copy this....
      $70 lumber, $30 black wrap, $40 camo wrap, had wire left over from my fence but prolly could get it for $50... so if you started from scratch id deff say less then $250 its 6'6" across so itd be cheaper the smaller you go

Comment

Lookin good.

Comment

I have been at the drawing board myself working on a similar stand but this one looks like it is much cheaper to build. Not to mention you could set it up in the woods and you wouldn't need an army to help you do it. I really like the idea.

Are you going to have any "covers" for the windows so that it doesn't let too much light in or just shoot through the wrap? I have not shot through any material except for pop up blind mesh. How does the black wrap compare if you are shooting through it?

Comment

Originally posted by gettin closer View Post
            I have been at the drawing board myself working on a similar stand but this one looks like it is much cheaper to build. Not to mention you could set it up in the woods and you wouldn't need an army to help you do it. I really like the idea.

Are you going to have any "covers" for the windows so that it doesn't let too much light in or just shoot through the wrap? I have not shot through any material except for pop up blind mesh. How does the black wrap compare if you are shooting through it?
            Ya two Ppl can manuever it... An not sure yet on the windows either leave the mesh on or put windows in... The mesh is same as shoot thru

Comment

I noticed that you have a long side and a short side, is that right? I am looking at your first few pics and it seems it is not a true or even sided octagon. Is that just to give you more visibility or for some other reason or am I just looking at it wrong. Really nice and I need to build one or tow like this before next year. I saw a post on here where I guy soaked old sheets in leftover paint and draped over his wire frame, that seems to have possibilities for weight savings as well. What do you estimate yours will weigh when you get it finished? Once again very nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                I noticed that you have a long side and a short side, is that right? I am looking at your first few pics and it seems it is not a true or even sided octagon. Is that just to give you more visibility or for some other reason or am I just looking at it wrong. Really nice and I need to build one or tow like this before next year. I saw a post on here where I guy soaked old sheets in leftover paint and draped over his wire frame, that seems to have possibilities for weight savings as well. What do you estimate yours will weigh when you get it finished? Once again very nice work.
                No it's 3' front an Sides 32" at the rear due to angles 22.5 degrees and weight my guess would be 200-250 lbs I can lean it over by myself easily

Comment

so what purpose does the wire serve aside from allowing you to make a window anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                    so what purpose does the wire serve aside from allowing you to make a window anywhere?
                    Light weight

Comment

very nice. I like the idea. I wouldn't have thought it would weight 250.

Comment

Where can I get a roll of the black shoot through mesh an what is it called? Everywhere I look I can only find window pieces for replacement and cut out pieces. I really like the idea that you have.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Looks good do u have a deer lease to put it up at yet?

Comment

Well me an my wife went to the lease this weekend to get away an spend some time together! Finally got the stand to it's final resting spot!
                              Got the stand off an gettin it leveled
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480287.574471.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24075415
                              BREAK!!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480383.078059.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	24075416
                              View from the stand

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480457.273469.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24075417
                              Closed in

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480522.240143.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	24075418
                              Looks good

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480602.575590.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	24075419
                              Blowin off some steam!!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480698.142082.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	24075420

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480766.228746.jpg
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	24075421
                              LETS EAT!!!!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337480827.072659.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24075422

Comment

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337482220.848718.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	24075429
                                Almost forgot coolin off at the windmill checkin out the days work! We had a blast

Comment

Working...
                                X