New Knives in the works....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Knives in the works....

Been a while since I've shared some knives in the process of being made. Below are a couple I've had a blast with - making all the parts except the obvious hardware parts - all liners, bolsters, blades, and handles are handmade. The Paratrooper is a new design I just came up with to try to honor my dad's service and is more reasonable in price to make. counterbored bearings to precise fittings and ended up with super smooth action on that one! The ram's horn folder was one I just made for a fella that completed his North American Grand Slam - I wish I could claim that success!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	para1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	720.3 KB ID:	26791578
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ram.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.1 KB ID:	26791581
    Ram's horn knife inlayed a garnet stone inside the thumbstud by just shaping and supergluing inside and ground a slight clippoint on the top edge of the blade. Anodized the pivot and titanium screws at 65 volts on the dc supply unit to match the liners. Thanks for taking a look!
    Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 05-14-2024, 10:22 AM.

just WOW!!!! amazing work,

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
      just WOW!!!! amazing work,
      Thanks!

Comment

WOW is right! that is awesome work!!!

Comment

Beautiful work??

Comment

Beautiful work!

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
              Beautiful work??
              I don't know? subjective I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post

I don't know? subjective I suppose
                He probably meant to add exclamation marks instead of question marks. That’s undeniably beautiful work, to good for me to carry and potentially lose ! A $30 Kershaw doesn’t make me cuss quite as much, but I’m on a roll, haven’t lost one in about 5/6 years now.

Comment

I like the first one too. But I no longer need my left arm and leg. And would gladly trade them for that second knife? Deal?

Edit: I decided to sweeten the deal. I'll throw in 200 hours of Drycreek's labor for your disposal.(He don't know it yet).
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 05-14-2024, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    I like the first one too. But I no longer need my left arm and leg. And would gladly trade them for that second knife? Deal?

Edit: I decided to sweeten the deal. I'll throw in 200 hours of Drycreek's labor for your disposal.(He don't know it yet).
                    We could be onto something here friend! I could definitely use another arm and a leg! Especially couple fingers to replace some of these cut up ones but…. How hard a worker is Drycreek?!!

Comment

Being an old Paratrooper myself, I'm liking the first one. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                        Being an old Paratrooper myself, I'm liking the first one. Well done.
                        Thank you sir and thank you for your service. I was born at the Ft. Campbell base...guessing you spent some time there!

Comment

We could be onto something here friend! I could definitely use another arm and a leg! Especially couple fingers to replace some of these cut up ones but…. How hard a worker is Drycreek?!!
                          You’re gonna get the worst of that deal ! As a labor hand, I make a great supervisor !

Comment

Thank you sir and thank you for your service. I was born at the Ft. Campbell base...guessing you spent some time there!
                            No sir, I was at Ft Bragg. 82nd Airborne. I have a few friends from Ft Campbell.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post

No sir, I was at Ft Bragg. 82nd Airborne. I have a few friends from Ft Campbell.
                              Nice, I have childhood memories of my dad teaching me to land from our rooftop onto the front yard as a 5 yr old....and my mother giving him the business! You guys were made differently.

Comment

Working...
                              X