No announcement yet.

Potato Launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lanturn egnighters work better than the bbq stove ones,hair spray works good,wd 40 is ok but rocket fuel is a no no

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
      they are considered a "zip gun"

PC 46.05(a)(9)

(16) "Zip gun" means a device or combination of devices that was not originally a firearm and is adapted to expel a projectile through a smooth-bore or rifled-bore barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance.
      Compressed air

Comment

Me and some buddy's made one in high school and shoot it at everything. It sat in my buddy's truck with a potato in it for ever we tried and tried but it quit working on us. A few months later my buddy was playing with it and saw a girl he knew drive by and was pretending to shoot at her( the girl was in a brand new car). Well it decided to go off and nailed her finder well and put a massive dent in it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          Compressed air

Comment

Originally posted by HawgEnvy View Post
            really? Where? lol
            oops! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Not as good as acetylene!
              Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
              Ummmm...yeah.....this one time in high school I knew this guy who blew out all the windows in the ag shop. He also stuck welding rods in the ceiling....what else did he do.... I better stop now!
              By the way, I'm not suggesting anyone use acetylene as a propellant for such a toy, it is NOT safe!

Originally posted by paintman View Post
              lanturn egnighters work better than the bbq stove ones,hair spray works good,wd 40 is ok but rocket fuel is a no no
              Yep, them Coleman twisty type sparkers spark better when "wet" propellants are used....such as ether, or hairspray.

Comment

I used one of the twist latern lighters on the one I built years back and it worked real good with the cheap hair spray from walmart. I left the cap screwed on it for a couple months and now its pretty much glued shut

Comment

I was actually just mentally envisioning how a trigger mechanism would work for a compressed air version just the other day.

Need to get Jeffy to make one and take it on a pig hunt and video....see if you can take down a pig with a tater gun....pork and taters....

Comment

Stick an arrow in the potatoe and shoot it. Massive KE

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                    I was actually just mentally envisioning how a trigger mechanism would work for a compressed air version just the other day.

Need to get Jeffy to make one and take it on a pig hunt and video....see if you can take down a pig with a tater gun....pork and taters....

Comment

It was my understanding that as long as the barrel was greater than 1-1/2" in diameter they are not illegal...

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
                        ball valve? I think that's what they're called.

Comment

A buddy in high school had a jeep with a full roll cage. We duct taped a tennis ball cannon to each side pointing forward. Good times! I'm sure glad we were friends with all the police at the time. They thought it was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                            They are classified as an illegal Firearm and it is a felony. The gangs in Chicago would pack nails and other stuff in front of the spud to kill rival gang members.
                            And the downside of this thug on thug tater pluggin' is what......? LOL

Comment

lawn sprinkler electric valve, blow chuck on the bleed off screw, pressure guage to about 125psi, and air compressor. potato are fun to shoot but dont go near as far as golf balls

Comment

they have good instruction on www.instructables.com

Comment

Working...
                                X