Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home made Polaris Ranger bed winch & side step.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home made Polaris Ranger bed winch & side step.

Had a free winch and some 1.25” & 1.5” DOM tubing laying around. Winch remote didn’t work, so I hardwired a switch to the relays installed in the cover. I also added a synthetic rope later.
    Should be handy loading them big pigs or deer by my self. Step makes it way easier climbing over the side to fill feeders too.

There are (6) 5” long 1.25” pegs that drop in the factory holes. Turnbuckles to secure to the floors tabs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hix; 03-20-2024, 11:28 AM.

That’s a good idea ! Had much the same rig on my Ranger, only my winch was mounted to the underside of my steel roof and out of the weather. A piece of plywood carried in the bed takes up no room and makes a good ramp to slide those animals up when you are alone and don’t have enough hands. I’m studying on how to do just what you did on my CanAm as well as my electric cart. Old people need a little assistance !

Comment

Yup, my back just ain’t the same as it was 20 years ago.

Comment

Nicely done! I like that design a lot. What I woulda given for that a couple years ago trying to load 3 nilgai in a ranger bed with just 2 of us.

Comment

Oh wow. Awesome work!!!

Comment

Dang Cool design!!!

Comment

Added a heavy wall 2x4 req. tubing rear bumper. It’s bolted to the factory holes in the bed frame so it tilts with the bed. The weight helps offset being front heavy from the winch and makes dumping the bed easier now.

It’s mainly for esthetics, but does protect the tail gate if i was to back into something.
              Attached Files

Comment

you getting it decked out now

Comment

Working...
                X