100# Food Plot Seeder/Road Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100# Food Plot Seeder/Road Feeder

I had recently purchased and put a plastic ATV seeder on my 6ft disc for doing food plots and it worked okay, but the capacity was only 50# and the lid was and gate operation left much to be desired.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	568
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	26668360
    I decided to build a receiver hitch feeder/seeder out of 16 gauge with a better design to serve multiple purposes.
    The metal thickness works good for plasma cutting and breaking, I tried to coordinate the measurements to take advantage of a 48" sheet width.

​​
    The gate is adjustable to whatever size material I'm slinging and an eliminator feed plate prevent seed loss until powered on.

The interior was coated with bedliner to slow corrosion.
    ​​Final product will hold 100# of feed and should work out well, thanks for viewing!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	29.1 KB ID:	26668345
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	18.5 KB ID:	26668346
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coachwhip; 12-17-2023, 08:31 AM.

Great job!

Comment

Good work, I like it !
      I have an older round one, I'm going to change out the spinner with the eliminator. It loses a lot of corn, basically feeding where I don't need it to. Spooked a nice buck on the road walking out of stand one morning... noticed corn he was eating in the road. I was ******, DA should've noticed it earlier. Now have to shove a towel in it when not using it.

Comment

Excellent work!!!! Your video was cool too...... Good luck

Comment

Working...
        X