learning while doing reloading bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

learning while doing reloading bench

Just starting a reloading bench with a couple of cabinet carcasses to support a benchtop. I am learning and not afraid of criticism.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230919_004431.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	26656672

They look good to me. Great job.

Comment

If you're mounting a press to the benchtop and using wood, at least double or triple the thickness on it, such as plywood for
      instance. You don't want it flexing any.

Comment

Using a 2-0 solid core door slab makes a super strong and smooth worktop. HD or Lowes usually carries them in stock for $60. Similar cost as a AC sheet of 3/4" plywood. I've found them with minor damage and they would nock 25-30% off but can't expect that always.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          If you're mounting a press to the benchtop and using wood, at least double or triple the thickness on it, such as plywood for
          instance. You don't want it flexing any.
          Better yet, bolt some steel to the bottom of that sucker!

Comment

Thanks all, for a bench top I was thinking of a torsion box, 60 x 28 with 3/4" mdf top and bottom and hardwood trim. I use an inline fabrication press mount so some kind of recessed nut system to bolt down the mount maybe with a hardwood block within the grid to support nuts. I will definitely look at the solid core door option as it would save some money. Completed drawer boxes. Starting drawer faces rail & stile in ash with mdf center. I really like the soft shut on the undermount slides. It was my first time using them and am impressed so far with ease of install. My war room is in the house so I will be painting cabinet white.

Comment

Name:	thumb_1173122.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	26668245

Name:	thumb_1173121.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	26668246

Ready for faces and painting​