Award winning knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award winning knife

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4806.jpg Views:	330 Size:	147.6 KB ID:	26635435 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4793.jpg Views:	332 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	26635434 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4873.jpg Views:	330 Size:	24.9 KB ID:	26635433 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4782.jpg Views:	329 Size:	36.6 KB ID:	26635432 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4762.jpg Views:	328 Size:	28.8 KB ID:	26635431 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4882.jpg Views:	349 Size:	32.8 KB ID:	26635430 Last weekend was the Texas Custom Knife Show and we had the opportunity to present custom handcrafted knives for various competition categories and I won my first knife award with Best Folding Knife! Pretty pumped and really enjoyed creating this piece. Below are just some of the highlights and build steps that were involved. Also, great seeing Anthony Stovall and Richard Epting! Fellow tbh’ers
    Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 11-15-2023, 07:16 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4804.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	26635449 Still figuring out photos on this platform and not sure if those were clear. Doug Marcaida is super nice and served as the last judge to critique all of the submissions Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4815.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	26635446
    Attached Files

Comment

Very well deserved!

Comment

Gorgeous work, sir!

Comment

Congratulations!

absolutely beautiful piece of work!

Comment

CONGRATS! Excellent work! But will it Keal!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              CONGRATS! Excellent work! But will it Keal!! LOL!
              Thanks all. Haaaaa, indeed, it weeeeel

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Was there any doubt !!?? Your work is outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                    Was there any doubt !!?? Your work is outstanding!
                    A lot actually! Haaa. Can’t ever tell with these things. Lots of unique stuff out there but super excited to win it! Thank you much!!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

I’ve been looking at your knives for years now, but you have truly outdone yourself this time ! That is one beautiful folder, I especially like the fire blued pin, if that’s the correct terminology. It really sts off the bolsters. What kind of antler did you use for the scales and what kind of price would this knife have on it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                          I’ve been looking at your knives for years now, but you have truly outdone yourself this time ! That is one beautiful folder, I especially like the fire blued pin, if that’s the correct terminology. It really sts off the bolsters. What kind of antler did you use for the scales and what kind of price would this knife have on it ?
                          Thank you all so much!!
                          DC, thanks a ton, the main pivot is titanium i anodized with a DC supply and a baking soda bath. The smaller bolster pin below it and handle pins are heat colored stainless. The handle material is actually fossilized wooly mammoth ivory rather than deer antler. Thanks again for the kind words.
                          Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 11-12-2023, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the clarification !

Comment

Working...
                              X