Shooting bench plans help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting bench plans help

I know I have seen some on here but I am not having a lot of luck with the search on this new format. Anyone have any plans for building a wood shooting bench. We have lots of kids over of different heights so might just use an adjustable seat. Been using a fold out table and stool. Time I need to do something a little better. Thanks

Yes! That's the thread I remembered. Thanks!!

Comment

I am ready to build one also. I think I am going to build a U shape bench with the seating position in the U. Works for RH and LH shooters and the stool stays in one place.

We have some stools at the range where I shoot that are a three leg base with a seat mounted on a piece of coarse thread ACME threaded rod that work well. I can always tell when someone had a youngster out because the stools are cranked up high but it takes no time to adjust.

Comment

I've built a few for friends and myself using 1-1/2" 14ga tubing with a expanded metal tops that have held up well. They are plenty sturdy and can be moved by one person if needed. Nice if changing deer leases or property.

"T" design has a front to back length of 48". The front width was 42" with a 12" wide arm in the middle. Also built a right handed design which is easier to move thats same dimensions with 32" front width. I believe they are 38" tall with a 14" square adjustable seat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_196d.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	26659727 Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_196f.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	407.8 KB
ID:	26659728 Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_196b.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	26659729

Comment

tagged

Comment

A little more work but I'm glad we built it. Building it on a trailer allows us to use it at all ranges. Seats roll up and lock in place for towing, flip down and lock in for shooting. 48" wide by 42" long.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              A little more work but I'm glad we built it. Building it on a trailer allows us to use it at all ranges. Seats roll up and lock in place for towing, flip down and lock in for shooting. 48" wide by 42" long.
              Great Idea.

Comment

Make it heavy

Comment

Working...
                X