6x8 blind for the kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6x8 blind for the kids

Got on a new lease in West Texas and decided we needed more space since all 3 boys are hunting and no one wants to be left at home or deer camp. We tried squeezing into a 5x5 last year and it wasn't happening. I was extremely limited with time this summer and built the blind itself in two very hot weekends in August in my garage and then we stood it up on a 100 degree day. It was all a couple grown men and 3 boys could do in one day.

I decided to build it in panels to make transport and erection easy at the lease. Walls are 6.5' tall and 6'x8'. I put 5 ea 12"x36" windows in as well as an RV door, all purchased at McCoy's. Platform used 10' legs and we still need to build stairs and do some other odds and ends.

We finished the day off with a West Texas Sunset, hot dogs for the boys and steaks for the laborers.

Excellent work and even better father/son project. Job well done.... What type of stairs/ladder are you using?

Comment

Excellent work and cool project. You have a small fortune in materials for that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
        Excellent work and even better father/son project. Job well done.... What type of stairs/ladder are you using?
        I plan to add two stringers and just use a cleat/tread method with treated lumber instead of cutting each stringer for treads.

Comment

That should be plenty of room, nice blind!

Comment

Working...
          X