Tripod to stand and fill feeder conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripod to stand and fill feeder conversion

Converted two of my original tripod feeders to stand and fill. All the parts were still good so decided to build some stands for them. Between some galvanized angle my old man had and some scrap unistrut I had didn’t have to buy anything except the eliminator spinners. These will be in a feed pen so don’t have to worry about pigs tearing them up.

Strong work. I'd still put a basket or cage around feeder unit to save a feed dump from raccoons.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
      Strong work. I'd still put a basket or cage around feeder unit to save a feed dump from raccoons.
      Thanks man. I think the eliminators will solve the coon problem and I really don’t want to restrict the path of the corn and have it mostly fall under the feeder. We will see how it goes though.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post

Thanks man. I think the eliminators will solve the coon problem and I really don’t want to restrict the path of the corn and have it mostly fall under the feeder. We will see how it goes though.
        Very cool.... Have never used an eliminator plate myself. Let me know how they work!

Comment

Industrial strength for sure, nice project, that should work well for you.

Comment

Nice work !!!!!

Comment

You might want to beef up those solar panels. Coons are going to tear them up. I have ran the same kind in the past, and had coons destroy them.
              Feeder & base look good though.

Comment

^^ I've got a year's worth of pics on my recent stand-n-fill setup with coons climbing all over the stand trying to reach into the corn. My solar panels are just like shown above. If mounted solidly (top & bottom), the panel will stay in place pretty well, but you also have to make sure the wires & the metal sleeve conduit are mounted pretty good. I use metal zip-ties for holding the wire sleeve conduit in place.

Comment

If you have coons the Eliminator plate will not stop them. I thought the same thing. Nope they were still draining the feeder. They figure out pretty quick to grab both sides and pull it down.

Comment

I've had them chew thru the cheap flex metal conduit, & pull the wires right out of the solar panel. Now I use EMT conduit and built my own solar panel mounts. Zero problems with coons nowadays.

Comment

Y’all got some destructive coons, I’ve had the solar panels mounted on the side of the barrels for years and never had a problem. As far as the eliminators go, we will see, I still have my Varmit guards to put back on if they need to be.

Comment

It's hard to tell from the pic how tall they are in total. On mine I welded a step on the frame so I could step up on it before dumping a bag. Made it easier than trying to empty a bag at head level. Just a thought while they are still in the shop.

Comment

Y’all got some destructive coons
                          There's another kind?

Comment

Your build looks pretty much what I did. Except i used some old 2 7/8” drill stem for the legs; even before I had it in the pen somehow the pigs never knocked it over

cage is a must, and not much corn falls directly under it. Atleast not on mine, the deer get under it anyways

Comment

Working...
                            X