Movable Shooting Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movable Shooting Bench

One of the first orders of business after we bought our current place, was to build a shooting range. We have one shooting bench at 100 yards that is basically unmovable. We really needed one at 25 and 50 for pistol shooting and one at 200 and 300. Instead of having to build all those, I decided to build a movable shooting bench. Criteria for the bench was easy to move, weather proof and most important, solid and non moving when shooting. We've been using it for about 6 months now and it has been working out perfectly.

It cost nothing to build as I had every thing on hand. The wheels are off a mud mixing trailer and are solid rubber and with no springs, there is no give or movement. The tongue was supposed to slide back under the table when in use but I must have had some cognitive slippage and welded it in place when I had it all clamped together. The seats have a spring loaded pin that pins the seats up for moving and pins them down when shooting. We use a tripod for the fore arm and leather stock pad in the back which seems to work great.
    Attached Files

I like that !

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Man, I really like that!!

Comment

Great build! Very solid and portable. Nice work.

Comment

That's really slick!

Comment

Great job, Bob! Put a swivel jack on that tongue so you can raise and lower on a ball hitch. And paint it yellow and black striped. Gotta cover safety for the shins. Especially as we get older.

Comment

The tongue was going to slide back under the table between those two pieces but I had a brain fade I guess and welded it in place. That's why it's red so maybe people won't trip over it. Tongue weight is not much so I didn't put one on it. As it sets, it didn't cost me any thing as I had every thing in the bone pile already.

Comment

That is sweet !!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

That's pretty slick

Comment

Great Build!!!

Comment

Looks great, always nice to be able to build stuff out of leftovers!

Comment

That is really well done. Perfect for your needs and mine !

BP

Comment

Working...
                            X