Bow blind Build Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow blind Build Help

Who has built their own wood bow blind? I've got a 5x5 platform that I have used with a popup but thinking about building something more permanent and sturdy.
    I have a general idea of my plans but thought i'd get feedback from anyone who has built one before.

Here are a few thoughts:

1. doesn't need a floor because the platform has a metal grated floor that i can cover with carpet.
    2. it will be elevated five feet so I need to figure out how low two cut the shooting windows.
    3. best ideas for roof?
    4. can is use 2x2 wood for the frame?
    5. ideas to connect it the a metal base?
    6. also doesn't need a door since it is a entrance from the bottom.

any others suggestions are welcome. Thanks
    Last edited by 12thman; 07-04-2023, 04:33 PM.

Entering through the bottom sounds good in theory, but can be a pain in the rear. As far as roof goes, R panel is hard to beat. Just make sure to screw it down good, trim it out well and caulk all the joints. Have fun with the build!

Comment

Also, 2x2 is plenty stout and will help reduce weight. Keep windows to a minimum. Might want to paint the inside black to help conceal movement.

Comment

thanks for ideas. the platform is already set up with floor entry so that's not really an optional change. I'll look into he R panel.

Comment

Originally posted by 12thman View Post
          5. ideas to connect it the a metal base?
          Connecting the wall framing to a metal grate floor can be as simple as wood screws with large washers into the bottom wall plate sill from underneath the metal grate floor.

Comment

Instead of a pop up I put a redneck 360 on my six foot base and it works great and has been in the weather for a few years. You can take the cover off after the season to make it last longer or replace just the cover if needed. By the time you buy the materials It's probably a wash on cost versus building.

Comment

Working...
            X