Hunting house aka blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting house aka blind

Just thought I would share some pics and info on our new hunting house. 6'x9'
    Over 140' of 2 3/8 pipe, over 140' of 4" cee purlin, lots of 3/4" plywood, over 500 wood-metal screws, 16+ tubes of silicone, 32" steel exterior door, 4 3'x3' double pane insulated windows, metal roof and metal varmint barrier at bottom, and lots of hours. Built on a skid so I can move it around. Was a fun build....
    Attached Files

dang!

Comment

nice

Comment

Thanks guys... Part of the way thru the build, momma made a comment "hope your making that thing nice enough to live in". Hmm... I looked at that kind of like permission to really go all out on it.. Lol

Comment

Very nice. Post pics of inside when you can. Looks great for taking kids.

Comment

1 burner or 2 burner stove

Comment

We are headed out for a morning hunt tmrw and I will try to remember to snap some inside pics... It's not as complete as outside due to time restraints.. Next year will be all the way carpeted and insulated. I'm also thinking about hauling it back to the shop after season and building a upper deck. The inspiration was a "family" blind.. Two days ago, wife, 2 kids, and i sat in it for about 3 hrs and watched the wildlife..

Comment

Many years ago I had 10x16 hunting shed on skids like yours. Had to sell it after a divorce. Have missed it ever since.

You will make lots of memories with the family with that building. Put lots of shelves around the top of the walls, about 8 inches down from the beginning of the ceiling. I used to leave jars of peanuts, binoculars, water bottles, & all sorts of stuff up there 24/7/365.

Comment

that is a nice blind

Comment

That's awesome, can you say family blind

Comment

Oops.. Forgot to take those interior pictures. Between all the deer around us and a quiet departure, I forgot. Four of us watched the deer out of it today and with windows up, never heard the feeder go off or what we learned later, several nearby hunters shooting at deer. That thing is tight!

Comment

classy

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X