euro mount 1st time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

euro mount 1st time

My cousin shot this buck last year in childress, and its been in my frezer since. So I went ahead and tryed it for the 1st time. I think it went pretty good...I still have to make a plaque for the skull..I may want to do this as a hobby for people what do u think a good price would be? Dont know if i will though..
    Attached Files

oh yea the reason for the discoloration of the nose. My dog pulled the deer out of the pot and broke the nose,,i glued it back on. the bleaching process has has evened out the color difference.

Comment

Looks great, as for a price, I have done all of mine myself so I know the time & effort it takes to pull all that crud outa that skull, but I have seen people advertise for euro mounts anywhere from 75.00 to 150.00 bucks, for just the skull plain, no plaque. So u either gotta realty like to boil heads, which I do, or do alot of em to make it pay

Comment

your not kidding they do take alot of time

Comment

I use a 52quart pot & a turkey fryer burner that I pulled the regulator off of so I can really crank up the heat, I've got it down to a fine art takes me almost 1 full tank of propane per head, but I love to do it, just sitting round the boiling pot telling lies also I hose mine down with wd-40 &see give it a good scrub with a soft wire brush then leave a nice wet coat of wd-40 on it, kinda gives it a little shine, some guys paint em but I like em natural looking, &I I bought a sweet set of small wood working carving tool @the harbor freight that are great for getting all the excess & small peices of crud out

Comment

One more thing, makes things alot easier if you'll skin the head &ear remove the bottom jaw before u boil, I skin first, then bend the bottom jaw back, far as I can & I take a hack saw &I cut of the jaw. Also I cut the skull cavity itself right down the middle, & keep going right threw the bottom jaw, this will remove jaw, make it easier to clean out brain cavity, & help the mount rest flush against the wall or plaque

Comment

I look fat in that pic I can't believe you put in on there, jk it sure stunk while boiling it

Comment

Well done!
                I've done probably 20 and at this point I don't care to do any more! Rather pay. There's a guy on THF that does em for $65. Can't beat it especially considering it cost me bout $25 in propane, bleach, etc. so for $40 more I don't have to fool with it OR smell it! lol

Comment

That looks nice, just did my first one my self last week with some advice of some TBHers it came out pretty good. After boiling it I pressure washed it while the flesh was still soft and it really cleaned the skull out completely. Just have to be carefull around the teeth, I blew a couple off and could not find them.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
                      I look fat in that pic I can't believe you put in on there, jk it sure stunk while boiling it
                      Vince u dont look fat...u r fat

Comment

Nice job for your first one, turned out great.......

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Nice job for your first one, turned out great.......
                          thanks bowhuntertex

Comment

Nice

Comment

cool

Comment

Working...
                              X