winch mount/bumper 1975 ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winch mount/bumper 1975 ford

got my son a 1975 ford 4X4. this is his first truck. it is also a project for us. we need to put a push guard and winch on it. i guess we are gonna have to build one for it. any ideas or pic's?

look at D-Mo's work, then scale it up 2 times

Comment

thanks

Comment

My son's weld class project:

When he got the truck:

The project started from original push bar hed had:

Comment

thats nice...

Comment

I wanted to make a front bumper replacement so bad...

Comment

Using it for a winch bumper make sure and use big boy metal for the base, thats a heavy rig to be pulling on. Google winch bumper images and you will get a ton of ideas.

Comment

Those are great pickups! I have one of the highboys. Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Comment

Yes, listen to Ol Thumper ... make sure it is mounted solid ... she's heavier when you are out in the fields with your gear loaded and more so when you get bogged down. Nice work!

Do you know which winch model and make you're planning to mount?

I've seen someone turn their bumper into pneumatic accumulators for inflating tyres after deflating them for going through bog terrain, running pneumatic tools or cleaing gear etc. He mounted a small compressor under the hood and let it take its time to charge up.

Comment

Working...
                  X