Truck Tool Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Tool Box

I just bought a new truck and it has a little single cab on it with almost no storage room. I can get my bow behind the seats but its not super easy. I have been looking at tool boxes and none really seem to be exactly what I want except the expensive $400+ ones. Im wondering if anyone has made their own box out of wood. I dont really have the tools to work with diamond plate so I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck making a watertight box out of wood.

IMO your better off searching CL, probably save money buying a used box versus the cost of wood. Other than that I have no advice.

Comment

Depending on what how much storage, I have also seen people mount ammo cans in the bed, some can be done up pretty nice. Just a thought, and cheap/weatherproof.

Comment

I know I could probably buy one used for about the same or even less than I could make one but I really like the idea of having one I made myself. Kind of like making your own wood rails for a flatbed truck. Its self satisfying

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
          I know I could probably buy one used for about the same or even less than I could make one but I really like the idea of having one I made myself. Kind of like making your own wood rails for a flatbed truck. Its self satisfying
          I understand your thinking 100%, thats exactly how I am as well buddy. If you were closer id help you cut up some alumimum and weld up one. Their pretty easy to do.

Comment

maybe if you coat the inside with ??????

Comment

Fiber glass resin. Just like a boat.

Comment

I understand the feeling of having built something for your exact needs, but I too would suggest the craigslist option first. If you do build something and use fiberglass, I'd put the fiberglass on both the inside and out, and then spray it with that truck bed liner spray stuff from a can.

Comment

I dont know but i loved my tool box when i had one

Comment

I bought mine at TSC for less than $200.

Comment

Well I decided that with everyone's input that craigslist would be a good place to look instead. Found one for $85. Put a new lock in it since the knucklehead lost his key, put carpet on the inside, and put in a gun rack for the sks to ride in. And at 63" its actually wide enough that I can get my bow in it which was a huge problem with most of the cheaper ones I found at atwoods and tractor supply.

Comment

Glad you got something that works for you!

Comment

Working...
                        X