Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pop-up Blind Rifle Rests Diy Ideas Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop-up Blind Rifle Rests Diy Ideas Anyone?

I have a new Double Bull Pop up blind I want to set up for my wife to join me for a rifle hunt. She's used to a box blind with shelves,hard window openings, etc. Other than shooting sticks, anybody have any ideas on a DIY rifle rest that is fairly portable and would be adjustable to her chair height? I thought about padding an adjustable saw horse, but just wondered what some of you might have come up with to help wives or kiddos?

Maybe something out of PVC with a 4-way on the bottom for stability. Cross piece at the top with pipe insulation for padding. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

Camo paint a camera tripod put a wood V notched block screwed to the top, son and daughter both had great success using it, the adjustable legs work on any terrain, used it myself on a elk hunt last Oct. Heck I'm no sharpshooter, I miss if I don't have a steady rest!

Comment

I found an adapter (for the life of me I can't remember where it was, maybe BPS) that gives you a rubber padded rest on top of a camera tripod. It also has a mount fo ryour camera or spotting scope next to the rifle rest.

Comment

I put a small table with sand bags in mine.

Comment

x2

Comment

Working...
            X