No announcement yet.

Blind size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've worked on it every night this week I took this pic last night. Tonight I put the rafters in and started on the windows. I'll finish the windows tomorrow then I plan to put the plywood on Saturday. Hope to have it primed by Sunday. I went with the 6x6 x6 size. Thanks for all yalls input.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mine are 8x8x7. 7 ft tall in the front and 6 ft in the back. I don't shoot out the back but I do have a window so I can see behind me. You won't regret the bigger size, if you take a kid or wife/girlfriend you will have plenty of room. I also put 3/4 inch foam insulation under the floor to keep it quieter. I put shingle roof on mine also. Only made my stands 6 ft off ground, plenty high.

Comment

How high up from the floor did y'all start your bow windows as I put the windows in last night I was thinking the less my body is exposed the better. So I feel like they fit me well but might be a little high for someone smaller. Mine are 30 inches from the floor.

Comment

On Double Bull blinds, the windows start 31" from the floor. I think they only need to start lower if the blind is to be elevated.

Comment

Thanks for the info Jerp

Comment

taxanhoyt - how are you planning to do the roof? are your walls sloped?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                On Double Bull blinds, the windows start 31" from the floor. I think they only need to start lower if the blind is to be elevated.
                On a homemade blind I'd think the bottom ledge of the window being at about 22" should give you a bunch of range as to how high you could elevate it and still get the "angle" on a close in shot if need be.

Comment

I did not slope the roof on this one. I ran the rafters from the inside if the too from each stud wall I used some home made steel brackets to connect the two. I can take a pic of it when I get home if your interested.

Comment

I am a big man so i like them a little bigger

Comment

looking good buddy

Comment

The blind that I am building is a 6' cube basically.

My windows are 20" from the floor, and 32" tall, 11" wide.

This is my prototype unit.

I am trying to nail down a shape and size, so I can put these on the ground or on a platform, and still be effective.

All you need is ignorance and confidence, and the success is sure. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

I am trying to nail down a shape and size, so I can put these on the ground or on a platform, and still be effective.

That thing looks cool

Comment

Thank you, sir.

Here's the build thread on it, so you can see the details on how I've built it so far:

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

Jason, you might want to shorten those windows. We have one at the lease with tall windows and we get picked off all then time in it. Too much light comes in.

Sent from my iPad2

Comment

Working...
                              X