My lazy my to do a European mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lazy my to do a European mount

This is a deer that I shot 3 years ago. All I did was clean as much off with my knife as I could and then just buried it in the backyard. fast forward 3 years. This is what it looked like after I dug it up.
    And then after I washed off all the dirt.
    After it dried both the horns and skull were the same color so I took a little minwax special walnut stain to the horns last night and think that it turned out pretty good.
    Attached Files

turned out nice.

Comment

looks pretty good.

Comment

nice! i got a buddy who talks about doin a euro mount alllllll the time! yours looks awesome!

Comment

There are ways to clean one, that takes less effort, and is MUCH quicker!

Comment

I kinda liked it with the dark skull, but fine job

Comment

that is nice but 3 yrs is too long for me to wait.......heck, I'd forget where I buried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                There are ways to clean one, that takes less effort, and is MUCH quicker!
                Oh I know, just that this head was in my freezer for over a year already and did not take much time to dig a hole in the backyard and cover it up.
                I don't really care for the bleached white look. Wanted it to look like it would if you just found it out in the field, and could not just leave it in an ant pile in the backyard cause the dog would have torn it up.
                Actually I forgot that it was back there and then as I was packing up to move I remembered and dug it up on the last trip.

Comment

Originally posted by schlag77 View Post
                  I did to but it was only dark in that pic cause I had just washed it off and it was wet. Once it dried the horns and the skull were the same color that the skull is now

Comment

use "old english furniture polish" the dark version on the horns. it will darken them up.

Comment

cool looks good

Comment

Murphy hits like a girl

Comment

Originally posted by schlag77 View Post
                          same here. looked like it was 7800 years old. but still came out great. i may give this a try. if the wife NEVER finds out.

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                            X