Let's Talk: Blind Materials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Talk: Blind Materials

I'm in the middle of building a blind Here and I'm changing my mind mid stream.

Those of you who have skinned blinds with corrugated plastic:
    1. Where did you buy it?
    2. What did it run you?
    3. What size sheets are available (I prefer 48x96")?
    4. Would you use it again?
    5. Is there something better that you might recommend?
    6. Any tips or tricks to installing it neatly?

The other thing I'm needing is stairs. I'm thinking of using C purlin material. Mueller has done me right in the past, is there someone else that may be better on pricing? I will need about 40 linear feet to make the stairs (by my estimation)

Any help is sure appreciated!

Ttt

All you need is ignorance and confidence, and the success is sure. - Mark Twain

Comment

Are you talking about Coroplast? There have been several threads in the past about the stuff - try a search. I seem to remember that most thought it worked well.

Comment

The best place to get it, is Regal Plastics over on 820 east. I've never used it, but I'm giving it some thought.

Comment

Jerp - Yes, Coroplast. I have been reading about folks using it, and that's what initially piqued my interest in it.

I am hoping for some long term feedback on it.

Dale - Thanks for the tip. I called Regal, and they get $13.10 for white and $14.30 for colored 4'x8' sheets. For $1.20 you can't buy paint enough for a sheet. So far, this is not a bad deal.

Any other suggestions or feedback, guys?

Comment

Back in the late 90s me and Archery1st made a bunch of ground blinds out of Coraplaz. easy to work with and last a very long time. Not super sturdy, but will hold up to most weather.

Comment

I've used Coroplast but not for a blind. Seems to tolerate the UV in the sun pretty well. Regal is good to deal with here in Houston, however, they had a $50 minimum order the last time I dealt with them.

Comment

Working...
              X