opinion on ground blind wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinion on ground blind wanted

Friend hunted a place and said this is what they used.
    Plywood box 4' wide x 8' deep x 6' tall painted black inside, camo outside and a 1'x 4' shooting hole on one end. 2' off ground.
    Would like to copy if ya'll think it is a good idea.

Sounds good to me

Comment

Sounds good but you may want more windows for your site.

Comment

I built mine to mirror a pop up. It has no floor to cut down on weight and noise. Its' 70X70 and not sure of the height but just enough to shoot out of, about 60". I cut three vertical windows that open to the inside about 8"X14" which has camo netting over the top and bottom to give a 6X8" shooting window. I rarely open more than two. I also have a small 3X10 viewing window with camo netting over it with two small 3" circular windows out the back just to look around. This is handy before exiting the blind. I've installed two shelves and a bow hangar inside.

Black inside and camo outside with netting over it.

Comment

After hunting out of an octagon blind for the first time at our lease this weekend, I have 2 observations/suggestions.

1) 4' tall is wayyyyy to tall for the windows, you will let in too much light & wind.

2) Make the windows in a T shape. Visibility SUCKS out of just a narrow vertical window. You can cover the top of the T part with tinted plexiglass or mesh to cut down on incoming light but keep visibility.

Sent from my iPad/Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            After hunting out of an octagon blind for the first time at our lease this weekend, I have 2 observations/suggestions.

1) 4' tall is wayyyyy to tall for the windows, you will let in too much light & wind.

2) Make the windows in a T shape. Visibility SUCKS out of just a narrow vertical window. You can cover the top of the T part with tinted plexiglass or mesh to cut down on incoming light but keep visibility.

Sent from my iPad/Tapatalk
            Good idea with the "T". I like it!

Comment

Working...
            X