where to buy linear actuator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to buy linear actuator?

I need a 12 volt 2" stroke linear actuator for a project i have in mind. It does not need to be very strong but DOES need to be cheap. I'd like to find one for 20 bucks or less. All of them i find online are pretty expensive and made to carry a lot more load than what i will need it to. I only need it to move a pound or 2. Ideas?

Summit Raceing

Comment

Try this.

Comment

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........is that even english?

Comment

I looked on ebay, and the electric versions are going for about $65 and shipping.

cricman

Comment

Cheapest I've found were here:

Shop to High Quality Robots and Genuine Parts at RobotShop. Order Online!

Comment

way over my pay grade

Comment

I just installed a couple on a project I had going. But they were big ones. I have no idea where to get small ones. I'm curious about what your project is. I like building stuff.

Comment

you can get them at Graingers Graingers.com

Comment

At that price you may need to get creative and think sunroof, antenna or power window parts from a junk yard.

Also you could make your own tacking a piece of all-thread to shaft of a 12V motor and use a nut tacked to a piece pipe that slides over the all-thread. This and a DPDT rocker switch should do it. If you can hack an old trolling motor you'll have just about all you need.

Comment

thanks for the ideas guys. I have changed my thought process away from using an actuator

Comment

Working...
                      X