No announcement yet.

Winch Up Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but i really wish I'd built my 16ft. The cows are still able to hit their head on the barrel.

Comment

All of ours were built out of thick wall 2" tubing at 14' lengths

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
        Watch your a$# at Rose steel. I was in there and saw them weigh the customer in front of me without zeroing the scale first. This guy was buying aluminum and paid for about 20# more than he got. They were pretty upset when I asked them to zero the scale before they put my stuff on. Last time I bought from them.

At Triple S they always take the dimensions and the guys inside do some sort of mojo to figure out what they cost.
        I have had the scale not zerod there before, but they have always deducted for what it was showing before the weigh.

Comment

call Ryerson up in Houston, see what they can do, 2" pipe is more than big enough to support a 55gallon drum, you could get away with 1.5" pipe (square or round) or you could even go EMT pipe (some would advise against it) but I have EMT conduit on all my feeders (2") and that is just fine, no problems with bowing or anything.

Comment

I run Ironman pipe now for Dave Cothran. We are on the north side of Georgetown. I have 1.9" od, 2 3/8", 2 7/8", 3 1/2", 4 1/2", 5 1/2" and 7". I also have a piece of 24" that is 5/16" wall. Most of the smaller pipe is 32ft pieces. Give me a call. It is all drill stem. 512-686-1550 or cell 512-694-2182

Comment

Working...
            X