Blind Bow Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Bow Holder

I have a bow holder in my blind that hangs from the roof but gets in the way when looking out several windows. I wanted something I could mount to the floor. My blind is 4 foot off the gound on a platform. I bought one of the holders you stick in the ground when you hunt out of a popup. I took some 2X4's and did a pyramid. I drilled a hole thru all the 2x4's and drove the holder down thru them. I drilled a sideways notch and screwed the last 2x4 on the top to secure the 90 degree bend in the holder. I wrap them in felt just in case I bump it with my bow. I will probably screw the feet into the floor but could just leave it so i could move it around in the blind. I should have taken a few pics as I was constructing it.
    Last edited by Big Spec; 09-22-2011, 10:31 PM.

Pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice great idea

Comment

Can you screw anything to the wall or you using a pop up? I can build you a cheap little stand out of metal if you need one buddy that will screw to the floor, here is one I would sell cheap if you could bolt it to the wall.
        Attached Files

Comment

My dad has an awesome one that just sticks in the ground and you hang the top cam on a curved hook

Comment

Ol Thumper How much are you selling those for? What would be ETA on completetion? How much do you think shipping would be?

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
              Can you screw anything to the wall or you using a pop up? I can build you a cheap little stand out of metal if you need one buddy that will screw to the floor, here is one I would sell cheap if you could bolt it to the wall.
              That looks very nice. I bought one of Mitch's plastic molded blinds so I was thinking about mounting something on the wall with 2X4's and then thought about my idea. I think it will work out well.

Comment

That looks good BigSpeck, it should work really good.

Comment

nice job. But i'm really jealous of your bow I've been hinting like crazy, hope santa(wifey) gets me one for CHRISTmas.

Comment

That'll work nicely Big Spec, fasten that booger to your floor and you'll be all set.

Comment

I biult some that look kinda like a tri pod that sit on the floor

Comment

Bow holder worked perfect this weekend. I did not screw it to the floor and could move it around. I may end up attaching it to the floor if I find I am leaving it in one particular place.

Comment

I just hold my bow in my lap.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                            Is there anything you cant make outta metal man?? lol

Comment

good ideas, i just lay mine across my lap.

Comment

Working...
                              X