Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

The Taj Mahal Needs Solar Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    That TV is disappointing. Do you need to roll with a 32 inch flatscreen for $100. I have the Larger seller from Amazon on a regulator as well.
    The TV has been replaced with an iPad with the DirecTV app.

Comment

Thats great, enjoying FAMILY time, who cares if its in comfort or not. Least your family is TOGETHER and making memories. Ignore the jealous!

Comment

Looks like a comfy place to hang.

I did a solar/battery system in my blind but am running much smaller loads. I use it to power a 12V charging station (for phone and kids tablets), under-shelf Green LED lights, and one overhead white light. With my small amp draw an 8 aH feeder battery and standard 12V feeder solar panel are more than enough. My one piece of advice is to wire in a master cut-off switch, and also wire in a fuse block (I used a Blue Sea like in a boat) for all your individual loads. That way if something shorts it won't cook your whole system.

Comment

Originally posted by txag80 View Post
          Looks like a comfy place to hang.

I did a solar/battery system in my blind but am running much smaller loads. I use it to power a 12V charging station (for phone and kids tablets), under-shelf Green LED lights, and one overhead white light. With my small amp draw an 8 aH feeder battery and standard 12V feeder solar panel are more than enough. My one piece of advice is to wire in a master cut-off switch, and also wire in a fuse block (I used a Blue Sea like in a boat) for all your individual loads. That way if something shorts it won't cook your whole system.
          Excellent advice - thanks! The Xbox and TV were a joke, really. Would like to be able to run a light and charge phones/tablets.

Comment

Working...
          X