New Beetle Freezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Beetle Freezer

Alright. Time for another build. Picked up a used freezer from a fellow TBH'er to start a new bigger enclosure for my bugs! Here are a few pics of the freezer for now!

Hopefully by this weekend it will have a new top, some side vents and ducting. Will also be putting in a heat source as well. Should be pretty interesting working on and when I'm finished!
    Attached Files

Got the old compressor and lines out last night. Removed the lid, which was a little warped as well. Will replace with a custom top this weekend, install a heat lamp and some case fans as well. More pics as it comes along..

Comment

I'm following along.. very interested in starting my own colony.. tired of boiling heads and picking meat off...

Comment

All mine died last year because my heater lamp failed. They do clean a skull quickly if you have enough of them, but its the effort involved after the beatlle clean up that makes the skulls truely white. The degreasing and whitening stages takes time too, but less effort than boiling and picking all that meat. Besides, using the beatles, the nasal cavities ALWAYS come out better.

Comment

Finally got a little time today to work on the freezer. First thing I did was make the lid and get it installed.

I added a little chain to keep the lid up when I need to open.

Then I cut a 2nd hole in the lid to be able to peak in, instead of having to open the whole thing up.

A lid was added to close that off also!

Next up was the 4" hole in one end for ventilation and a dryer vent piece was installed here as well!

Next up was the hole in the opposite where I added added 2 computer case fans for cooling and forcing air out the dryer vent end.

Tomorrow I will install screen over all areas, install my heater lamp base, thermometer, add a plug receptacle outside, add some aluminum tape to some seams, install raidiant barrier on the lid.

Comment

Ok you got me whats a Beetle Freezer?
            I looked it up and found your other post on tax

Comment

Originally posted by mTn hunting View Post
              Ok you got me whats a Beetle Freezer?
              I looked it up and found your other post on tax
              Just where I keep my beetles. Needed something a bit bigger and ran into this. Just making the mods now. Gotta start getting some heads in so they can do their work.

Comment

What Kind of beetle and where do you get them from?

Comment

Got the radiant barrier installed today.

Got the heat lamp installed and also my thermometer. And all holes are double screened on the inside.

Lowes is having a great sale on ac's, so I'm thinking about picking one up an redneck engineering my ac duct. Empty box is sitting about 92.

Comment

Frys had a better deal on the ac, I will have that all setup this weekend and some additional pics.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Freezer is all done up. Got the AC setup and ventilation exit all in place. Will post up some other pics tomorrow. Bring on the work now!!!

Comment

Wish u were closer to Alvin how much will u b charging per skull. you can pm me if u want.

Comment

Here are some final pics of my beetle freezer showing the AC setup, thermometer an the beetles cleaning up leftover porkchops from last night and a hotdog! My 11yo thought they might like that too. You can see how it ventilates to my smaller box and how that exits out as well.

So bring it on......
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Blue Tick; 09-19-2011, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Awesome build.

Comment

Working...
                              X