New Hog Hunting Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hog Hunting Light

I have been wanting a light to hunt hogs at night. I have looked at several different lights and was not happy with either the light output or the mounting system. I mess around with some electronic projects so I just finished throwing one together. Uses six-1watt green leds with a 12v12ah feeder battery powering them. It should run 12 hours or so before I will need to recharge the battery. I hung it in a tree a few minutes ago and it has an impressive lighting area (approx.100x100 feet). I can't go hunting until Sunday night but I will give it a try then.

I really like the simplicity, and it's exactly what I logged in to research.

Can you share where you got the lights (and how much)?

I really appreciate you posting this, it looks like a great idea!!

Comment

Total cost was about $60.00. Search 1w green led module on the net. I have had these for a while and don't remember where I got them. I remember they were like $50.00 for a string of six and I bought the bucket and hardware, already had the battery.

Comment

Found a link.

Our LED modules are perfect for creating dazzling backlighting and signage. Shop various colors and LED quantities. Free shipping on select orders!

It's the LBM1W series

Comment

make it a live KAP sunday and Im in!

Comment

man!!! was hopin to see the end results to the story...lol

Comment

Just don't get them wet, the one's you are using are not waterproof. I use the 3w waterproof w/magnified lens.

Comment

lil ,where did you get the 3 watts ones?
                hank

Originally posted by lil_armond View Post
                Just don't get them wet, the one's you are using are not waterproof. I use the 3w waterproof w/magnified lens.
                Last edited by hank57; 09-11-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

They are 100% water proof.

Comment

lil ,where did you get the 3 watts ones?
                      http://www.plasmaled.com/high_power_module.htm

They are 100% water proof.
                      YES

Comment

How many and what color do you use? Any pics of the setup/in action?

Comment

I use 3 of the red or the blue but I had to redesign my design as far as the photocell goes. Did away with the photo cell and went to using a digital timer to help battery life so you could set it it come on just brfore feeder payoff and stay on for a couple hours and turn off. By doing that it allows the solar panel to keep up with battery draw.

Comment

You using a feeder timer?

Comment

The timer I use is real similar to this one, but this will do the job.

http://www.brazix.com/prodfly.asp?It...FcFM2godG042eg

Comment

Working...
                              X