winch to a tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winch to a tree?

How would you mount a winch to a tree, for a hanging feeder, without using any bolts and/or nails into the tree? I have an idea but wanted to run the ? by the GS and see what others have done.

I'd use a chain/wingnut set up like woodsey too uses on their tree stand.

Comment

I have got a setup where I mounted the winch to a treated 2"x6" about 4 foot long. I then just tied it to the tree at the top and at the bottom of the board with barbless barbed wire. A porable and speedy set up. The chain idea may be better, don't know. But this works.

Comment

We have this set up at our cleaning station. Mount the winch to a block of wood and then use some straps to tight it onto a tree

Comment

chains and turnbuckles

Comment

2x6 board to mount the winch and racheting tiedowns. Size depends on how much weight you're supporting.

Comment

Have an old oil pan layin around?? Mount the winch to it and then use heavy duty straps to mount it to the tree. The oil pan brings it off the tree far enough you don't have to worry about busting your knuckles.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnS View Post
                Have an old oil pan layin around?? Mount the winch to it and then use heavy duty straps to mount it to the tree. The oil pan brings it off the tree far enough you don't have to worry about busting your knuckles.
                Thats uses the old noggin' - great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser10 View Post
                  We have this set up at our cleaning station. Mount the winch to a block of wood and then use some straps to tight it onto a tree
                  Thats what I did it works great!! I used a 4x4 about 2ft long and chain on both ends..

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
                    I have an idea but wanted to run the ? by the GS and see what others have done.

Well lets here it! What was your idea?

Comment

Maybe some large "U" bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                        Maybe some large "U" bolts?
                        Ya that would be simple.. you could take a piece of all thread and bend it into a u.. that would be cheaper than u bolts.

Comment

I bought one of these after busting my knuckles a few times.
                          Amazing deals on this 1Ton Hand Winch at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

add a pully and you are good to go.

Comment

Same with us

Originally posted by Bruiser10 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHillRanch View Post
                              Well lets here it! What was your idea?
                              Using a 2 x 6, 2 large eye-bolts and a ratchet strap. Will post pics.
                              But, I will gladly admit you guys have given me some other great ideas and my idea may need some "tweaking"!

Comment

Working...
                              X