Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Blind Build

I work in the ag industry and come across some stuff from time to time that scream deer blind at me. A few weeks ago I was sitting in my office looking out into the warehouse thinking about the ever present need for a scent tight bow blind when I looked over and remembered these seed boxes that were damaged and non returnable to the vendor....
    Last edited by raiderelkhunter; 03-14-2013, 01:45 PM.

Looks like a recipe for sweat.

Comment

I thought about it for a bit and then I got a couple of boxes and took them apart as the tops of the boxes detach from the bottom halves. After a little brainstorming and setting up and taking down, I came up with the best method for my needs. I took two "box tops" and turned them up on end so to speak and then bolted them together with two bolts on each side. The dimensions that this gave me are ~48" wide and ~56" tall and just shy of 6' in length. These are the pics of it in the early stages. I simply screwed 1/4" plywood to the "window" end and then cut out my opening to fit my Deerview Hinge Window in. On the "Door" end I could not decide what to do for a while and I finally decided on a flap door that hinged at the top. I framed the "door" end of the blind in with 2x4's to allow for structure stability for the door, hinges, and latches. The door is actually 30" tall as I have a 6" sction from the top down for the hinges and an 18" section from the bottom up to keep snakes out...lol. I will add pics of the door end later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
        Looks like a recipe for sweat.
        oh contraire....I built a redneck ac unit that keeps it around 72 in that bad boy....

Comment

Originally posted by raiderbowhunter View Post
          oh contraire....I built a redneck ac unit that keeps it around 72 in that bad boy....
          THis I gotta see!!!

Comment

Are those beer holders on top?!

Comment

Here is a pic with some camo effects on the end that will face the feeder.....the rest of the blind will be pushed into a mesquite tree clump. I forgot to mention that every crack and crevice has been siliconed and/or expanding foamed as well as silicone on the edges of the plywood. I am working on the interior of the blind this week and hope to have my shelves, bow hooks, and push lights installed as well as the carpet. More pics to follow....

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                THis I gotta see!!!
                x2

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  THis I gotta see!!!
                  I took an ice chest from stripes and made new lid out of corrugated plastic and put two computer fans in it and a jerry rigged tube for the cold air discharge. 12 v battery wired to a panel that I am mounting on the outside of the blind and all I have to do is take a bag of ice from allsups in spur and it gets nice and cool in there....I was unsure how effective it would be, but with all the holes foamed up and the window and door closed it is not that large of an area to cool actually.....I will post a pic this evening of that device

Comment

Originally posted by dcw View Post
                    Are those beer holders on top?!
                    Only while building is in progress...lol

Comment

Ingenuity.

Comment

interesting

Comment

Impressive.

Comment

Nice...

Comment

I like it and the best part is that it's inexpensive for you to build the blind!

Comment

Working...
                              X