Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Planting trees and habitat improvement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average size.
    Attached Files

Comment

Sunflowers are coming along, and hope we get a little rain next week.
      Attached Files

Comment

Milo looks good.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cool Thread keep us posted

Comment

I finally found a use for the worthless mosquito trap. Work great as a game came stand.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hogs are really tearing up milo
              Attached Files

Comment

Sunflowers are going strong
                Attached Files

Comment

Milo starting to head out. Between sunflowers and Milo should be a.few dove around this year, I hope.
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks good

Comment

It looks to me like it is time to start pruning your trees. Absent proper pruning, it will be a VERY slow growing process. Get the energy groing up rather than out and you'll have "trees" twice as quick. I'd cut off everything from 2/3 down.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
                        It looks to me like it is time to start pruning your trees. Absent proper pruning, it will be a VERY slow growing process. Get the energy groing up rather than out and you'll have "trees" twice as quick. I'd cut off everything from 2/3 down.
                        Now or wait till fall?

Comment

I think this project is moving faster than some of mine......

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            Now or wait till fall?
                            Please do not take me as a degreed arborist...I am not. Just lots of experience and a best friend who got his masters in forestry - emphasis on urban trees.

I understand you should not prune oaks between March and June. I believe this is mostly live oaks, due to the spread of oak wilt. Don't believe that would be an issues with your trees.

I am trimming the HECK out of oak trees right now...every evening.

Also - replant in the fall, when trees are dormant.
                            Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 07-19-2012, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Please do not take me as a degreed arborist...I am not. Just lots of experience and a best friend who got his masters in forestry - emphasis on urban trees.

I understand you should not prune oaks between March and June. I believe this is mostly live oaks, due to the spread of oak wilt. Don't believe that would be an issues with your trees.

You can trim the lower portion of these trees year around. It will be the best for them as said above.............

Comment

I bought $60 worth of trimmers at lunch, so don't go to backing up on the pro arboist thing! Time to trim!

Comment

Working...
                                X