"Improved" Crossbow Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Improved" Crossbow Sight

After having problems with the scope my sister's crossbow came with I decided to order a pin sight from the company. I recieved it in the mail and saw the pins and thought, "Do people actually hunt with these?" They were dark and to big to see the vitals with. Many frustrated attepts later to attach fiber optic to the pins only met me with the embarrasment of not being able to thread the nut after I accomplished the first feat. I was just about to give up when I remembered the extra sight I had lying around. Just for fun I tried it on and it was aperfect fit.The pics tell the rest of the story. Total cost was about a buck for hardware. I ended up having to add an extra spacer after the pics but it groups great out at 30 yards. I won't let her shoot out farther for ethical and educational reasons. Don't think this will be used much but you never know. I assume it might be used by someone out there or provide for a good laugh. So out with the old and in with the new.

Awesome write up thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
      After having problems with the scope my sister's crossbow came with I decided to order a pin sight from the company. I recieved it in the mail and saw the pins and thought, "Do people actually hunt with these?" They were dark and to big to see the vitals with. Many frustrated attepts later to attach fiber optic to the pins only met me with the embarrasment of not being able to thread the nut after I accomplished the first feat. I was just about to give up when I remembered the extra sight I had lying around. Just for fun I tried it on and it was aperfect fit.The pics tell the rest of the story. Total cost was about a buck for hardware. I ended up having to add an extra spacer after the pics but it groups great out at 30 yards. I won't let her shoot out farther for ethical and educational reasons. Don't think this will be used much but you never know. I assume it might be used by someone out there or provide for a good laugh. So out with the old and in with the new.
      What brand of crossbow?

Comment

We just got my wife a mission sniper lite and upgraded on scope....well worth it. It is a Hawke XB-1: 1.5-5×32 SR lighted reticle

Comment

Working...
        X