Another water tank blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another water tank blind

Wanted more of a permanent blind on my food plot so I shopped around and found this industrial water tank for 300.00. It was 10' tall by 71/2'. The walls are about 1" thick and it weighed about 800lbs. Pretty good job getting it home and unoaded due to the mass size and weight. Windows and doors cut ok just took some time. Sand blasted it and power washed it to rough it up for painting. Rolled the paint on site. I researched and found nothing will stick to a poly water tank very well, I was lucky and caught the Gliden Paint rep at Home Depot, he suggested a primer that they have that sticks to everything, I bought the grey primer. I tried a small area inside and outside on the blind and then painted my olive drab over it, guess what the power washer could not make it peel off, only time will tell for sure how well it works but for now it looks good. Next was the black paint for the inside, good help from Home Depot again, the lady mixing the paint said they cannot mix a true black paint so she advised I by quarts of Krylon black, good advise it worked great. I used hot water pvc for the curtain rods, made mesh and black curtains that slide. I have the plexi glass cut for the windows but my h channel has not come in yet. I will use pop rivets to attach the h channel for vertical sliding windows. I do not shoot through the mesh so I slide them open to the desired size. I have 2 windows 12"by 24" and 2 that are 12" by 18". Door is 22" by 48"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03598.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	24855278

Name:	DSC03600.JPG
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	24855279

Name:	DSC03602.JPG
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	24855280

Name:	DSC03604.JPG
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	24855281

Name:	DSC05274.JPG
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	24855282

Name:	DSC05333.JPG
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	24855283

Looks like it'll work, good luck.

Comment

kool

Comment

you might need to paint some leafs or some branches, but it looks cool and should work fine

Comment

Is this a bow or gun blind? Just wondering why you didn't make the windows vertical.

Sent from Tapatalk

Comment

Nice good luck!

Comment

I like that... Great Job and good luck!

Comment

nice!

Comment

Looks good! I'd paint some patterns on it when ya get the chance

Comment

the blind will not be moved, all shots will be in the 15 to 20 yard range, no need for vertical windows, yes a gun would work fine out of this blind. I am going to put some camo netting on it soon.

Comment

I like it. Let me know how the inside temp is while sitting in October.

Comment

Looks good Gary

Comment

Now that my freind is bad arse!!!

Comment

Thats a great looking blind!

Comment

Looks really good

Comment

Working...
                              X