how-to build cheap protein feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how-to build cheap protein feeders

does anyone have any good used protein feeders for sale for cheap or does anyone know how to build one for cheap.all replies would be appreciated.thank you for your time and have a great day!!!

pm on its way

Comment

Have you looked in the DIY forum?
      I'm sure there are a few in there somewhere.

Comment

If you have a barrel and legs, I have a down spout and trey assembly that I will donate to the cause.

It is the pipe and trey with all fittings as shown in the picture.

Let me know, it can be yours - free!

Rwc
        Attached Files

Comment

Toilet Flange , 4 inch PVC cu to desired length, some L Brackets, and a bottom plate. Screw together and roll on. I also put a rain guard on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
            Toilet Flange , 4 inch PVC cu to desired length, some L Brackets, and a bottom plate. Screw together and roll on. I also put a rain guard on mine.
            I did the same, except used a 4" T at the bottom with a few inches of 4" out of each side...

Comment

Originally posted by Saxet Nomad View Post
              I did the same, except used a 4" T at the bottom with a few inches of 4" out of each side...
              I did this same exact thing and my protien just poured out.How long of an extended piece did you use and/or did you use some sort of lip to slow it down?

Comment

Originally posted by Saxet Nomad View Post
                I did the same thing with three exceptions:

1. My legs are shorter and therefore so is the piece of pvc going to the T
                2. Inside the pvc T I used two bolts to add a 1inch piece of right angle (rouded to fit in the bottom of the T) to both sides to slow the rate of loss.
                3. All Treads attaching the edges of the top of the "T" to the barrel for added support.

Comment

Heres the one I was talking about.

It also has cut out sight windows made of plexiglass so you can see how much is in it without opening the lid.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here you can see the sight windows.... The crank strap is around it because at first I did not have the 1" right angle pieces in it and it just poured out on the ground. Just temporary untill I could make it back down to the lease!
                    Attached Files

Comment

I closed off one end of a 3" piece of square tubing. Then I drilled a 3/4" hole on all 4 sides about 1" up from the bottom. Just attach it to the bottom of your barrell making sure its only around 42" above the ground. The deer pull the corn out with their tongues but the cows can't. Everyone on my lease used this method and it worked great.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's one. If you need more info PM me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

We have one that is just a 55 gal barrel with three 4" tube spouts welded to it and legs to make the bottom of the barrel 36" +- off of the ground. The spouts are cut at an angle to keep moisture intrusion to a minimum. The barrel has a 1" cut out at the bottom of each spout for feed to go through, and the spouts have a piece of rod welded across the bottom lip to keep spillage to a minimum. Works better than any of our other ones that tend to clog in the pipes and can be filled from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebush View Post
                            We have one that is just a 55 gal barrel with three 4" tube spouts welded to it and legs to make the bottom of the barrel 36" +- off of the ground. The spouts are cut at an angle to keep moisture intrusion to a minimum. The barrel has a 1" cut out at the bottom of each spout for feed to go through, and the spouts have a piece of rod welded across the bottom lip to keep spillage to a minimum. Works better than any of our other ones that tend to clog in the pipes and can be filled from the ground.
                            I have wondered about these... whats the inside look like? Is there a funnel? Got a pic?

Comment

Working...
                            X