ice chest air conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new .000000012 megawatt (12 volt ) power plant

Finished the power supply for the new ice chest air conditioner. Basically it's an enclosure for a voltage regulator being fed by a solar panel to a battery. the solar panel is big enough that if the sun is shining the fan on the air conditioner will never run off of the battery. I have one switch going to the air conditioner and one to a light mounted on the bottom of the enclosure. The enclosure will hang above head level from a ceiling joist in the corner so it won't be a head banger.

the wife also bought me a new sign today for the stone blind.
    Last edited by macoop; 11-27-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Man that is all I was going to say, go with a couple of PC fans, they will push enough air for what most may need in an average size blind. However for MACOOP he maybe using a wind tunnel fan and a group of Viking Commerical AC Units for his blind. MACOOP that blind is about as amazing as the 12 volt nuculear power plant you have above!

Comment

ha, thanks for the compliment....I think.
        I say do it right the first time and you won't have to do it over again. It's definitely overkill but I had all of the resources to do it and it only cost about $20.00 to build so I figured I would build something that I could power whatever I want off of it. Wait till you see the solar panel. It os off of an old Daniel Solar Flow comuter that was in the field.

Comment

Where did you find the 12v LEDs

Comment

Found em at the auto parts store. They have all kind of 12 volt lights.

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
              Found em at the auto parts store. They have all kind of 12 volt lights.
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X